Prologue (Reflections On My First Course Creation)
Hello Team Builder! I thought you might be interested in some thoughts about this, my first, course creation adventure. (I will be adding to this list as I continue...the adventure is far from over.)
- I met my goal of launching my first course (on time).
- I believe the online format is a viable means of learning team building activities.
- I had (and am still having) a great time building this course.
- The course is not perfect. (I will be 'Earthy' not 'Shiny')
- I had to cut my feature footage into small bites so I could load it into Teachable (that's why there are no verbal transitions in the video clips).
- My video clips must be less than 2GB - pushed the boundaries with to clips only to find out there is no wiggle room. (Reedited the two clips)
- This course is not fancy, but it is functional.
- Maybe I need some music? (What do you think?)
- I know I have a lot more to learn. And I'm excited about it.
- The course will grow over time - more value will be added. (I love that once you're in the course, you can always access the course - lifetime membership.)
- I can see my school (Team Builder Power Ups) growing - filled with courses.
- Even if only one person joins the course, it was worth creating.
- I love sharing ideas and thoughts with other team builders.
- There is a lot to keep track of and I know if I miss something, someone will let me know.
- Be sure to go back and change any 'dated' information (like the Welcome email that has Lesson Opening dates).
- Check in with new students to ensure they have enough information to get started in the course - did they get the "Let's get started" email?
- I'm off again to do more work in the course.....